Set up Scamshield iOS to block scam calls and SMSes
How can I tell if ScamShield is working on my iOS phone?
- When you receive a scam SMS from an unknown number that is determined to be a scam, ScamShield filters the messages to a junk SMS folder.
- You’ll be able to view messages filtered by ScamShield by going into your Junk Messages and seeing the label ‘Filtered by ScamShield’.
- By default, messages in the Junk folder are deleted after 30 days.
- ScamShield also works in the background silently to block scam calls.
- You don’t need to report scam messages that have already been filtered by ScamShield.
What should I report to ScamShield?
- To help us protect you better, report any scams that we may have missed filtering.
How does it work on my iOS phone?
- The app filters incoming calls and SMSes from unknown numbers, including overseas numbers. ScamShield uses a combination of an on-device algorithm and information provided by the Singapore Police Force (SPF), such as blacklisted numbers linked to scams, to determine if a call or SMS is a scam.
- When you receive an SMS from an unknown number, ScamShield will determine if the SMS is a scam using an on-device algorithm.
- For iOS, it filters the messages to a junk SMS folder.
Your privacy is important to us
- For your privacy, ScamShield does not filter calls and SMSes from contacts that you have saved on your phone.
For any queries, questions or feedback, please contact us here: ScamShield Feedback