Set up ScamShield Android to block scam calls and detect scam SMSes
How can I tell if ScamShield is working on my Android phone?
- When you receive a scam SMS from an unknown number, you will receive a push notification from ScamShield informing you that it is a scam message.
- When ScamShield detects a scam message, you don’t need to report it as ScamShield automatically reports it to the authorities to ensure your safety.
- ScamShield also works in the background silently to block scam calls.
What should I report to ScamShield?
- To help us protect you better, report any scams that we may have missed detecting.
How does it work on my Android phone?
The app filters incoming calls and SMSes from unknown numbers, including overseas numbers. ScamShield uses a combination of an on-device algorithm and information provided by the Singapore Police Force (SPF), such as blacklisted numbers linked to scams, to determine if a call or SMS is a scam.
- When you receive an SMS from an unknown number, ScamShield will determine if the SMS is a scam using an on-device algorithm.
- For Android users, you will receive a notification from ScamShield informing you that the app has detected a scam message.
Your privacy is important to us
- For your privacy, ScamShield does not filter calls and SMSes from contacts that you have saved on your phone.
For any queries, questions or feedback, please contact us here: ScamShield Feedback